Sunday 22 March 2015

2. How does your media product represent particular social groups?

How does your media product represent particular social groups?

My magazine is a pop/rock magazine featuring a mixture of mainstream artists such as Ed Sheeran and lesser known artists that are just entering the music business. I think this gives my magazine a wide audience as it will attract the large fan bases of popular artists and helps give smaller artists a boost into the music industry. I think this will appeal to a large audience and make the magazine more interesting than existing magazines that only focus on mainstream artists.

I believe the content of my magazine has aspects similar to the content of Q, Billboard and Top of the Pops however I believe it is most similar to Billboard as Q is aimed more at a male audience and Top of the Pops is aimed at a younger audience. My magazine is aimed at a similar audience to Billboard and uses a similar colour scheme however it also has differences such as the font and the age of the artists featured on the cover. The artists in my magazine are similar as it is likely both my magazine and Billboard would include artists such as Ed Sheeran or Jessie J. my magazine is also similar as it follows a similar layout of having one main picture on the cover with cover lines to tell you what is in the magazine whereas in other magazines such as Top of the Pops will have one main picture and a few smaller pictures on the cover. I felt that the style of my magazine should be simple and eye-catching as this is what my audience will prefer.

My magazine is aimed at a range of people such as fan girls and indie scenesters as there is content to appeal to a range of people. The fan girls will like the articles on mainstream pop artists but will also be given an opportunity to find new pop artists they may not have found if they were to read another mainstream pop magazine. People such as indie scenesters, young alts and trendies will like this magazine as it helps them keep ahead of the trends.

No comments:

Post a Comment