Tuesday 20 January 2015

Update post

-Examples of other texts (Done)
-3 x Analysis of magazine covers, contents pages and double page spreads (Done)
-Analysis of colour palettes, fonts 10 examples of each (Done)

-Language register (Done)
-Decide on style of music magazine based on research carried out (Done)
-Analysis of existing Magazine titles (Done)
-Decide on title of magazine (Done)
-Research relevant fashion/styling associated with genre (Done)
-Mood boards  (Two completed)
-Audience research (use uktribes.co.uk)-this must be conclusive and you must show evidence of responses from at least 10-15 people (To be updated)
-Audience profile (To be updated)
 
-Analysis of institution that would publish your magazine (Done)
-Preparation of a 25 word pitch (Done)
http://rtlcmedia15.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/25-word-pitch.html

-Compose 20 song playlist of tracks that have inspired you (extension task) using soundcloud (To be completed)

-Read and comment on peer blogs (extension task) (To be completed)


What I have learnt so far:
Organisation and time management - how well have you adapted to the demands of the schedule and what (if any) adjustments do you need to make.

I think so far I have kept up with the schedule. Some of my posts need updating and the extension tasks need completing but the bulk of my work is done on time.

Research and planning- what have you learnt about music magazine, what do you feel you could replicate and what do you feel you could not replicate

After looking at a variety of magazines I have decided I would like my cover to be quite simple as I will not be able to replicate some of the covers I have looked at as I have limited time and budget. I will not be able to use expensive props or backing so I will try and keep my cover simple as I think this will also appeal to audiences.

Technology - which technologies are a strength for you and which will require additional work.

Photoshop- I am beginning to gain skills on Photoshop but as I have not used it much before I need to do more work on it to get more skills.
Photography- I have some photography skills as I enjoy photography but I would like to continue gaining skills during this project.
Blogger- I have used blogger a lot for this coursework so I can use it quite well however I would like to gain more skills on this so I can get the best out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment