Friday 17 April 2015

Evaluation task 6 FINAL

What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

While making this product I have used a variety of different technologies to help make my magazine. I have used blogger to track the progress of my magazine and Photoshop for the creation of my media product. I have also used simpler technologies such as my phone/Facebook for communication, a camera for taking the photos and my laptop for storing files.

Blogger. I used blogger to help keep track of my progress and show all my work in one place. I had not used blogger before and I had no previous knowledge of it so I learnt as I went along. Blogger has been very useful in helping me display and organise my work and also to get feedback for my magazine.

Camera. I used a camera to take pictures for my magazine. I have previous knowledge of using a camera so was able to take photos with a camera provided by the school for my draft magazine however for my final magazine I decided to get a friends more advanced camera for the final photos and got her to help me so I could get the best photos possible.

Photoshop. I used Photoshop to edit my photos and put my magazine together. I had no previous knowledge of Photoshop however I quickly picked up the skills I needed to create a professional media product. I gained these skills while creating my preliminary magazine and my draft versions of my magazine. I found that some aspects were quite hard to learn and others were relatively easy.

Lighting. I used lighting equipment when taking pictures in the school studio against a blank background. I used these photos in my draft magazine however I decided to use outdoor shots for my final magazine. I used Photoshop to help me edit these photos to get a good light balance when they did not however I tried to make sure they were lit correctly when taking them.

Internet. I used the internet for my research. I found it very useful when looking into existing magazines, institutions and getting feedback.

Computer/laptop. I used my own laptop to help me create my media product. I found it was much easier to have all my files and photos in one place so it was easier than working on a school computer. I sent important files to the school computers as well so they were backed up but most of my work was done from my laptop.

Animoto. I used animoto to help put together my pitch for my magazine. I used it to put together a presentation including information about my magazine and images related to it. I used this presentation to get feedback from my target audience. I had no previous knowledge of animoto but I was able to learn as I went along and soon picked up the skills I needed to create a presentation.

Facebook. I used Facebook as a communication method to organise photo shoots. I found this useful as it is a quick and simple way of contacting people and helped me stay organised and prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment